Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

DAY 10: Getting Hands Dirty

That morning, just like every morning, I spent about 15 minutes to walk all the way up from my home-stay to the office. Some part of the slope is gentle, another is steep, almost like hiking.

But that very morning, I met an old man on the way and he called me. Trying to be polite, I crossed the street and came over to his side. He started talking just like... just like an old Chinese man who starts a conversation (^^"). So, I couldn't understand a single word, and finally I said a magic words, "Wo ting bu tong." (I don't understand). Having said that, I expected him to understand and maybe talk slower or use easy words. To my surprise, he took a red envelope, and started writing English- or what he thought as English. 


This is English, at that moment I wondered whether eating too much pork could have any effect on my ability to read. If there is anybody who can read this, please tell me all right?  

For the next 5 minutes which felt very long, I had to accompany him talking and writing until we finally arrived in the office. He did not seem to care whether I understand or not, haha. In the office, Xiao Hei told me that the old man was actually sick. 

In the afternoon, Tina and family requested for my assistance. There was a chef who came over to teach them culinary art. So I did everything that I can to help by washing dishes, cleaning tables, and packaging cookies. Well, it was a hard work and tiring, especially the washing part, cos there are a lott of dishes. But the rewarding part? I got the chance to eat the foods prepared by that chef which were awesome! Also I learned quite a lot of new words (which I will forget the next day) because there were nobody who can speak English. 

Apau Jie seemed to enjoy the fact that I was doing these works. I dunno how many times she said "Enjoy your job," with that joyful face as if I was entertaining her. When we were having lunch and enjoying the nice foods, Apau Jie came over and said to me"Yohan, go to the kitchen and wash some bowls." Luckily she was just kidding, fyuhh, what a great joke.

I also helped them to package 30 boxes of cookies. Well that's kinda easy job since I (as an engineer) am trained to do things efficiently and effectively, muahaha. Applying Taguchi method, I completed the task pretty fast. Sorry for talking crab. Anw, the smell of the cookies were really good, especially that buttery smell. But once I tried it, hehe, it's ginger flavored, lol. Well, this is Jiangmayuen! I'm not a big fan of ginger but (for the sake of being a good blogger), the cookie tastes.. not bad! And really, it's te bie (special).


Before I got back on that evening, Tina lent me a (drum roll)... bicycle! Yeah! that means I can arrive early in the office! No, sorry, I repeat, I can wake up later without being late! 

4 comments:

  1. napain lu d taiwan sel?

    fera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yow, internship ini,gw ikut programnya AIESEC fer,hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..keren sel, oleh2 chou tou fu (smelly tofu) ya..kata orng kan enak..hahha
    gud luck =)

    fera

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah kalo gw bawa bisa bener2 smelly luar dalem tu...(basi)haha

    ReplyDelete