Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

DAY 2 To Jiangmayuen!

I was picked up on Monday morning by Xiao Hei (small black), the manager of the Jiangmayuan Tourism. She is a very kind and friendly girl and she is very important to me because... she is my walking dictionary!:p. 

So, Miaoli is famous for 2 things: strawberry and ginger. There is even a strawberry museum here. What you can find here: strawberry juice, jam, wine, noddle(!?), cookies, syrup, vinegar, and everything related to strawberry which I don't know the name.  

We went to eat Xiao Hei's favorite Hakka noddle and the thing called shui jing jiao. It's an authentic local foods, the jing jiao is almost like pork dumpling actually. I almost droll while I'm writing this!

In Jiangmayuen, I was introduced to the boss, a funny woman who can speak English pretty well. She introduced me to er ge, da ge, er jie, and many of her relatives and friends. Remembering them all really pushed my brain to the limit! There are several shops and office here and people are somehow related to each other and seems to know everybody that well.

Xiao Hei brought me to get familiar with the place and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It's actually a small hill and on top of the hill there is this watchtower. The watchtower is also a place to pray. In each floor, there is a Buddha statue with Kwan Im on the top floor. From the top floor we can see why the this towm is called Da Hu (big lake). From the top floor of watchtower, in the morning, we can see a thick fog covering the area, making it looks like a big lake of fog.


2 comments:

  1. so basically cel, these past 2 days, you only do the sightseeing?
    hoho..
    that was fun..
    although in fact language is still a matter..
    :p

    ganbatte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes paw, first few days are just getting familiar with the place so that I won't get lost and die.hehe. correct, language does matter a lot here, a lot!

    ReplyDelete