Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

DAY 14: Mission Impossible which is possible

Okay, today, I really had a good time with the kids. The topic of the English class today was parts of the body. We began the lesson with a review of the previous week lesson. I learned that the word "sheep" should not be taught to the kids because they have the tendency to pronounce the other word. We then drew pictures and sang a song about parts of the body.

The picture was a cowboy and the drawing technique was taken from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ZjRmq9BNU . It really is a good video to teach kid how to draw. Okay, this is the cowboy that I drew on the white board. 

Sorry, the picture is not clear enough due to the reflection on the board.  

These are the pictures that were drawn by the kids:

This is the best picture, drawn by Jasen, and he won a set of colored pencils.  Now, I have bad and good news. Bad news, that is the only picture that seems similar to my drawing. Good news, the rest were too creative that they made something else on their own. 

A witch


A ghost

A goat

A cup

A power ranger


A sissy cowboy

A goofy guy


A Martian

Well this one is good enough

Of course, I did not give any sarcastic comments to the kids. All I said was "Hen hau!". But, there was a time when I couldn't stand it and I just burst into laugh, especially when I saw the cowboy with earrings. It was just hilarious. I hoped the kid took it as compliment. 

We also sang "Head, shoulder, knees, and toes". They loved it and fortunately it was easy enough for the kids to learn. This song requires a movement and it's really a workout. I could feel the after-jump-squat sensation on my thighs after we sang this song. Hopefully it was not a sign of age. 

2 comments: