Search This Blog

Monday, December 14, 2009

DAY 15: Living in the farm

I spent my Sunday in Irene's house (my colleague). There I met her husband Ricky, and her 4 years old kid, Xiao Ling. Ricky used to work as a supervisor in a multinational company, and deal a lot with Filipinos. That's why he can speak a not-too-bad English. Now, he's not working in management level anymore. He is a... farmer. I heard my friends joke about becoming a farmer if being engineer is too difficult. Well, it's not a joke anymore, some people actually chose to be farmer than doing something too hectic or demanding. 

Ricky has 8 orange farms, some strawberry and vegetable farms, and hundreds of ducks, chickens, and gooses and he likes to brag about how he's never used the pesticide on his farm. Moreover, what unique about his business is that he does not sell the products of the farms in the market, but he let the visitors pick the fruits and the vegetables right from the farms themselves. Here's the website http://037951547.emmm.tw/









On the left is the orange farm where we can pick those sweet oranges and eat them right away. (of course pay later) 


On the right is me with er.. cabbage. I don't know why at that time I chose to take picture with the cabbage.

I also spent much time with Irene's cute little kid, Xiao Ling. Irene told me that she liked to kiss people, so I guessed she was a nice kid. There was one time when she was playing on me as if I was her big toy, she made a funny shape with her mouth. I thought she was gonna kiss me, but the strange thing was instead of making O shape, she made E-I-E-I shapes with her mouth and suddenly "Kraugg!" She bit me on my wrist! Luckily it did not hurt, it was just like bitten by small puppy, hehe. 

There you go, me and the little brat who bit me.  

Anw, playing at Irene's house was fun, moreover, Ricky is good at cooking, especially his pork, nyummy..


These foods were cooked by Ricky himself. When I asked how he could make such a tasty pork, he replied "It's secret.", and laughed so hard as if he just made a super funny joke. 



2 comments:

  1. kena gigit pulak, kasian Yohan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya lorh, that's not the only one, last week i got bitten by a cat when i was playing with it=(

    ReplyDelete