Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

DAY 8: Strawberry Museum II

This morning Xiao Hei sent me to the church in which, as before, I prayed in language I don't know. Anyway I needed to thank God for his guidance throughout this journey.
After that she brought me to the Shei-Pa National Park Head Quarters. It's not the real national park but it is like a museum with the exhibition hall, souvenir shop, and theater. They displays the flora and fauna in miniature model and they show the video of the local culture as well. Some of the interesting fact that I found are the local people in the Shei Pa Natioanl Park speaks with native language and accent which is really similar to Indonesian language. If we go up to the peak of the park (which is a mountain), we can find a snow. And there also live one of the rarest bear in the world, moon bear. Here's the picture we took in front of the park's HQ. I feels that I looks dummy here;p. 



From there, we went to strawberry museum again. But this time, I was the one who rode the motorcycle. It was kinda odd at first, because I used to driving on the left hand side both in Indonesia and Malaysia. Here, we drive on the right hand side.
In the museum, we met Xiao Hei's old pals, had a little chat and took picture. I haven't got the picture yet, I'll post it up later.

This time, there were many people in the museum and I had the chance to try out some local delicacies which are strawberry flavored. Here are some pics:


Strawberry ice cream and juice, it was nice to eat this ice cream especially in the sunny day like that afternoon. As you can see, it consists of shredded ice at the bottom, strawberry ice cream with the fruit, chocolate rice and milk. Well, although this one is nice, it's quite common to be honest..  At least more common than this one... 


This is strawberry... pork sausage. Taste nice just like the unhealthy pork, but we can feel the slight strawberry flavor in the first few chews. Weird but nice.

As you can guess, strawberry pork meat ball! It's like eating meat ball and strawberry candy together. It's really a unique mix and kinda popular here. Luckily the soup doesn't have strawberry flavor.

Strawberry egg!

Strawberry roll cake! The lady was kind enough to allow me to roll the cake myself using that machine. 

There are also strawberry noddle, wine, bread, drink, jam, etc. There are just to many kinds of strawberry foods here. OK, enough for now!




3 comments:

  1. yummmyy..I love strawberry btw...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koq Blognya belum diupdate lagi Ncel? lagi sibuk ya?
    Papi

    ReplyDelete
  3. sel, ini tempatnya dimana si? jd pengen ke taiwan lg.. haha..

    ReplyDelete